Woodbridge, Virginia Divorce Litigation Lawyer
Virginia M. Stephens, P.C., Law Offices
In some ways, it doesn't really matter if a divorce is contested or uncontested-going through one is like driving through a dense fog. You cannot see with any certainty what's ahead, and for most people, that's a frightening proposition. It helps to have someone along side you that knows the road you're on well.The law offices of Virginia M. Stephens, P.C. can help get you through safely.
Prince William County, VA
Marital Property Disputes Attorney
The major issues in most divorce cases are property and custody. You should know two things in regards to these issues right away:1) Separately titled property may still be marital property.
2) The major consideration in child custody centers on who has been
the primary caregiver.As an attorney, Virginia M. Stephens represents people throughout Prince William County and its surrounding areas in divorce and in all divorce-related concerns.
- Child Custody
- Spousal and Child Support Agreements
- Visitation / Custody / Support and other Post-Decree Modifications
- Equitable Distribution Trials / Division of Marital Property
- Division of Pensions / Division of Military Pensions / Government Pensions
- Property Settlement Agreement
- Legal Name Changes
- Protective Orders In most cases, reasonable settlements are possible and more preferable than litigation. But when 'reasonable discussion' is not the order of the day, Ms. Stephens will not hesitate to put her 15 years of courtroom experience into action.